Meet Our Team
Principal, Food Safety Compliance
- Areas of Expertise: Food safety/quality, GFSI schemes and standards (BRC, IFS, FSSC22000, SQF, FDA, FSMA, USDA), compliance, operational assessments/process optimization, sustainability, waste reduction, business planning/restructuring, EHS, product development and production planning/control, operations management development, procurement, organization design, ERP/information technology planning and strategy
- Education/Certifications: B.S. in Biology & Chemistry, Lake Forest College; Certificate in Business, Indiana University Kelley School of Business; Certified lead assessor for ISO 9000; practitioner in TQM, Lean, and Consensus Decision-Making under GOAL/QPC
Bill Bremer is a Principal with Kestrel Management’s Chicago area practice and heads Kestrel’s food safety consulting group. In his food compliance roles, he has led compliance and assurance activities to help many food industry companies meet FDA/FSMA, GFSI (i.e., BRC, IFS, FSSC22000, SQF), HACCP, EHS, and overall operations management requirements.
Bill has been involved as a GFSI standard stakeholder and delegate on Technical Working Groups from 2012-2015, working with GFSI schemes and standards. He has conducted a number of food safety workshops for clients and a variety of industry organizations and is the founder of the Food Safety Professional Group.
Bill also works as a generalist for other industries in compliance and business improvement, focusing on sustainability, waste reduction, process improvement/transformation, restructuring, and EHS. He has been a consultant to tier I, II and III organizations and closely held/privately owned businesses across a full range of industries, including food, chemical, process, construction materials, agricultural, metals, and industrial products, as well as service organizations. Bill’s overall goal is to integrate the organization, optimize profit performance, and maximize utilization of resources. He helps clients to establish plans, timetables, and policies to:
- Identify and resolve their business, marketing, manufacturing, and distribution challenges
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Run their businesses more reliably, effectively, and profitably
Before joining Kestrel, Bill worked in manufacturing and distribution operations for over 30 years. He began his career at Bristol-Myers Squibb as a Plant Manager, progressing from R&D to Quality and Process Development. Transitioning from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bill served as the Corporate Technical Director of CCL Manufacturing. He also acted as the Director of Manufacturing and Distribution for Gloria Jean’s/Brothers Coffee, following Bristol-Myers Squibb as the fastest growing specialty coffee purveyor in the market. Bill’s other senior leadership roles included COO of Bissinger’s Inc., a specialty food and confection company; Director of Procurement for The Parksite Group, a building materials marketing and distribution company; and Managing Director for RSM McGladrey, a national management consulting firm focused on operations consulting.
In these roles Bill has led management, compliance, and assurance activities to meet business strategy, HACCP, FDA GMP, EHS, TQM, and overall operations management requirements.