Certification & Compliance
Every company has an obligation to its customers to provide safe and quality food. In addition, a growing number of retailers and wholesalers require their producers and suppliers to implement a certification program. Certification to a GFSI-certified standard (e.g., SQF, IFS, BRC, FSSC 22000) demonstrates that a company is working actively to manage its food safety risks.
Connecting Compliance and Certification
In today’s economic climate, it is difficult for companies to devote the resources required to maintain compliance activities at a sustained and satisfactory level—but it is essential. Kestrel understands the importance of developing and maintaining key internal controls that ensure the reliability of compliance systems and meet certification requirements.
Our experienced consultants help companies select the food safety standard that best aligns with business objectives and capabilities to ensure that compliance methods are optimized. We then manage the entire compliance and certification readiness process, working directly with onsite employees to mitigate risks, ensure certification, enhance market reputation, and drive business performance.
- FDA/FSMA compliance – 21 CFR FDA
- GFSI/HACCP/GMP certification readiness
- FSSC 22000, IFS, SQF, BRC certification consulting
- HACCP food safety plan development
- HACCP-certified training
- GFSI strategy, business plans, and implementation support
- GFSI integrity audits
- Training and certification for internal auditors
- Internal audit process development
- Process verification/validation
- Process improvement and redesign